- Facilitate the enforcement of compliance to relevant occupational health and safety laws to ensure the safety of the work environment by minimizing associated risks.
You will be accountable for:
- Daily/monthly monitoring and inspection of facility/equipment and enforce safety procedures and precautions in the work environment.
- Acting and advising on all matters relating to the protection of life and property from fire and other risks identified in the work environment.
- Enforcing traffic control in the factory premises.
- Carrying out health and safety induction for all employees, outsourced, contractors and visitors.
- Carrying out and coordinating safety talk with workers especially safety talk from identified safety concerns in the workplace.
- Participating in safety campaign and other safety awareness in the workplace.
- Actively preparing and participating before, during and after regulatory visit.
- Actively participating in the rescue of people and property from all types of accident and disaster.
- Promoting fire safety and enforce fire safety standards in the premises
- Enforcing and Monitoring compliance to the rule of switching off all appliances after the close of business.
- Attending to emergency incidents and minimizing distress and suffering, including giving first aid.
- Dealing with unforeseen circumstances as they arise and responding quickly to them.
- Inspecting and initiating maintenance of fire-fighting equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire alarm system and fire hydrant system.
- Organizing drills; educating and informing the staff to help promote fire safety.
- Assessing situation quickly and deciding the best course of action.
- Writing full incident reports in case of any eventuality.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of OND in an Engineering or Science related course
- 1 – 2 years experience in OSHE, Fire Safety Management, Microbiology, Food technology, or Engineering experience in an FMCG Industry
- Able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Good at customer management, exhibit self -confidence and integrity
- Possess Analytical and Communication skills
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 16th February, 2022