The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. The Group’s activities encompass: Cement – Manufacturing / Importing Sugar – Manufacturing …
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Requisition ID: IbesePlantMech013
Location: Ibese, Ogun
- We are looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.
- The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Produce outline designs
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Estimate budget and scope of project.
- Solicit observations from operators.
- Prepare product reports and documentation.
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods.
- B.Sc qualification in Engineering.
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
- Technical writing skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development