Skills And Abilities
- Manage day to day health and safety activities
- From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role
- Control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
- Manage and conduct presentations and make proposals for improvements
- Developing plans for team activities to include health and safety strategies to achieve agreed targets and effective planning
- Train and appraise individual team members to ensure targets are met
- Assist in the management and carry out the recruitment of team members, subject to agreed criteria
- Identifying the lack of and/or improvements to policy and process, assessing the effectiveness of current policies and processes, and recommending and implementing required changes
- Ensuring that the organization meets all agreed health and safety legislation and objectives and that appropriate risk mitigation/control measures are in place
- Incident management
- Investigating incidents and accidents to ensure the timely production of corrective and preventative action plans.
- Respond and prepare incident report.
- Risk identification and assessments
- Conduct job hazard analyses. risk assessments, and audit review.
- Develop and monitor implementation of risk controls.
- Maintain and improve mechanisms for risk assessment and disseminate feedback as appropriate
- Environmental monitoring
- Track emission levels and prepare internal reports, manage incident investigation
- Compliance management
- Facilitate compliance with HSE guidelines, review policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements, renew HSE permits, update legal register with new or revised standards.
- Providing advice, guidance, and support to the organization with regards to health and safety legislation, issues and compliance together with all applicable organization policies and practices
- Ensure Worker Safety
- Monitor industrial hygiene and health, ensure good housekeeping, conduct planned and unplanned inspections, manage safety and emergency equipment, enforce safe work procedures such as permit to work, lock-out-tag-out and safe material handling, implement emergency drills and emergency procedures.
- Safety Communication
- Engage workers on HSE issues and encourage participation, facilitate toolbox talks and trainings, develop and implement safety programs, maintain safety signage and notices.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual HSE performance reports, present findings to safety committee, monitor implementation and closure of action items.
- Other HSE Functions
- Perform all other functions as may be directed by the HSE Consultant and MD/CEO
- Proven experience in HSE functions
- Hands-on administrative experience in a Manufacturing (3 years Min)
- Experience in developing HSE Policies, Processes and Procedure
- Experience in implementing HSE Policies, Processes and Procedure
- Experience in managing Government Agencies for licensing and statutory remittance
- Good understanding of HSE Policies, Processes and Procedures
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, ERP System
Skills And Abilities
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage time and to prioritise work effectively.
- Good public speaking skills
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.