We are looking to hire a data analyst to join our software team. The candidate will be responsible for managing the master dataset, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. The role requires an eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analyses.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Requirements and skills
- Degree in Computer science, Statistics, Mathematics or related Educational qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases and Big Data.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum knowledge of working with Python, Django, Microsoft Power BI, SAS or other enabling technologies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.