A corporate relations handles promotions and public relations for a company. They are responsible for writing and editing press releases, arrange interviews of key company personnel and work with other departments to provide information and market about their company. They mostly attempt to place a positive spin on their business but sometimes also have to work on putting out fires.
Skills required for the role:
- Corporate relations officer must be a skilled verbal communicator and possess strong writing and editing skills. They often act as a spokesperson for their corporation and therefore must maintain the professionalism and poise that comes with the job.
- He / She must have strong computer skills and a basic understanding of design and picture or video editing.
- The right candidate must have solid content creating skills and be able to come up with contents and campaigns to engage the audience via the school’s communication channels, and to create awareness about the school.
- He / She must also have knowledge of digital marketing and how to operate all the channels for engaging in this.
- The Corporate Relations Officer should also have a solid understanding and knowledge about the organization and its operations so as to better represent the school and answer any enquiry at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good teamwork, creative imagination, initiative and solid crisis management skill.
As a public relations officer, you’ll need to:
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies
- Build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media, also and answer enquiries from the media, other organizations and the general public
- Monitor and manage the media, including newspapers, magazines, broadcasts, newsletters, social media sites and blogs for the organization.
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Collate and analyze media coverage
- Write and edit in-house memos, speeches, articles and reports
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs.
- Foster good community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives.
- Manage the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below