A paint factory at Ojodu Berger needs an experienced, competent and hardworking candidate to employ immediately.
Assist Managing Director with all aspects of running the business including production, human resources management, and procurement of raw materials, sales and business development.
- Assist the Managing Director in managing all aspects of the business.
- Ensure efficient running of the factory including the health and safety of all employees
- Determine resources required to meet the production plan.
- Set high standards of housekeeping in and around the factory.
- Set and maintain standards to maintain a high quality of the products manufactured
- Measure and monitor efficiency of use of raw materials, energy and water in the factory
- Ensure accurate records of production performance are kept including quantity of each raw material used in the production of each batch, product output from each batch, raw materials used to produce finished goods, fuel, electricity and water consumption.
- Define a production plan to maximize profitability and agree with Managing Director.
- Prepare a report on a weekly and monthly basis for the Managing Director comparing actual and planned production and commercial performance.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure their satisfaction and to assess their demand
- Agree with Managing Director minimum pricing level on a monthly basis.
- Negotiate sales of products with customers
- Coordinate sales plan with Sales Manager in Eastern Nigeria.
- Record sales to each customer including product type, quantity and price.
- Develop new sales channels for existing and new product
- Define with Managing Director maximum pricing level for raw material purchases on a monthly basis.
- Ensure sufficient raw materials are purchased to meet the production plan.
- Ensure a list of necessary repairs and maintenance is kept with each item described fully and costed.
- Discuss and agree the maintenance plan with the Managing Director on a monthly basis.
- Define business development strategy in agreement with Managing Director.
Qualification: BS.c in a business or technical subject (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Production Engineering etc.).
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience; Proactive personality who is motivated by business development and driving business within existing accounts.
- Agile and adaptable approach with the ability to constantly develop and adjust commercial strategy in line with business and market needs.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact across business functions and the manufacturing sites.
- Ambitious personality with the desire to progress and develop further within a global organization. Fluent in English and IT literacy is essential.
- Salary: attractive but negotiable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email