Alan & Grant, is a Human Resources and Business Advisory firm. By combining creative and strategic minds, we co-create relevant and impactful solutions to our clients. …additionally, we are developing capabilities to create and manage a portfolio of HR & Enterprise Products aimed at enhancing employee performance, business agility and overall pr…
Read more about this company
Location: Job, Plateau State
Industry: FMCG / Foods / Beverage
- The Agronomist is to investigate and implement solutions for the company in the crop production, soil management and other farming activities
- In this role, you will examine, research, and solve problems related to crop management, output, and quality
- You will also develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions on behalf of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples
- Testing Samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes
- Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work
- Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture or a related field.
- 3 years and above experience maybe preferred.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Proficiency with computers and diagnostic scientific software.