- To perform day-to-day accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient running of the accounts function in the school and to support the Finance Manager.
Specific Duties General
- Contribute to the annual budget preparation
- Ensure up-to-date records of all expenditure and income, for which the post holder is responsible, are kept
- Drive compliance with all financial regulations
- Maintenance of good and reliable record keeping system to enhance efficient retrieval of documents.
- Support the Account/Store Officer to receive and receipt school fees and any other payments
- Enter all cheques and cash received into sage
- Payment to bank of cheques and cash received
- Prepare payment vouchers in respect of duly authorized and approved bills
- Prepare petty cash vouchers for money spent from cash impress account
- Keep of cash impress account and maintaining the float limit
- Write cheques in respect of all bills and documents approved for payments
- Payment of salaries to staff.
- Write cheques issued to customers into cheques dispatch book before they are given out.
- Assist in administrative functions of the school as may be assigned from time to time by the school authorities
- Generate financial report
- Contribute to the development of the school’s values and vision
- Safeguard the assets and reputation of the school and ensure truthfulness in all public communications.
- Undertake specific duties at whole school functions and events that may be regarded as within the duties of this post.
- Ensure the Health & Safety Policy is implemented at all times, put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as the situation or legislation changes
- Ensure the maximum level of security is maintained at all times
- Calculating fees for each child and invoicing accordingly.
- Comply with and ensure all confidentiality and data protection
- Dress neatly and uphold the name of the school
- Be abreast with and adhere to all school policies.
- Undertake such duties that may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties of the post
- Any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms
- Any other duties as directed by the Head Teacher.
- Minimum Degree in Accountancy, Banking & Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years post NYSC.
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Use of Microsoft office tools
- Knowledge of general ledger functions
- Use of a Business Application System is an added advantage
- ACA , ACCA and CPA certification is an added advantage.
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Attention to details
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.